Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

Just today I uploaded a picture for Twitter . . . small steps here. I am not much of a Twitter user and don't have much of a presence here. As the summer passes I am trying to add more to Twitter, but really am not sure that my contributions to the Web 2.0 world have much impact, primarily because they are haphazzard and aren't all that interesting. Perhaps I should take a marketing class as well?

Despite my lack of use, there's now denying its impact on our society and its staying power. From the election in Iran to the various celebrity deaths this past week, all events have been dutifully logged and shared via billions of tweets. The research from the Pew Research Center, "140 Characters of Protest" sums it up very nicely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How many are you following on Twitter right now? I would suggest tweeting about some of your 23 Things Blog posts and following some of your colleagues at Metronet and Hamline. If you would like some more suggestions, you can see who I'm following on my page.