Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing 27: Twitter

Husband started tweeting in March and I joined then to follow him. It's been neat to see his posts and to learn who's following him. After a conversation with him this morning, he proclaimed that I am Web 1.0 since I follow things and Web 2.0 is all about collaboration. My Igoogle page is filled with blogs that I follow, plus my daily Non-Sequitur fix. I love this tool as it keeps me in the loop with professional things as well as friends. But like the student I was in the classroom, I tend to listen and reflect internally and on occasion raise my hand to contribute. The challenge to me then would be to start tweeting!

Too funny is a recent Tweet from a public librarian. In responding to a common question posed to librarians, "What do you do?" he tweeted "I help mentally challenged people stalk celebrities on the internet. What's not to like?"

2 comments:

Wally said...

I'm anxious to learn more about Twitter. It seems like people who learn to use it enjoy it for more than just socializing. Could you see this being a productivity tool as well?

Unknown said...

I think Twitter can be a productivity tool in the sense that you become part of a learning network and make connections that allow for growth. Many of my work blog posts come from things I see other folks post about on Twitter.