Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 25: Blogger's Toolkit

Turtles. The turtles are a gadget from Google and I added them to the blogger site using the online help at the designingers site, but the gadget isn't working as well as I would like. The turtles are moving quite slowly, more tortise like than turtle like. The problem may be the size of the gadget window. I've been unsuccessful in tweaking the HTML code to resize the window.

Professionally, I apprecriate the creation of so many different gadgets and widgets. This year I added to our school library website a widget which allows users to search all of our ebooks at once. Also, we added a Shelfari page to help display our latest aquisitions. The Shelfari widget reminds me of something I saw last summer on 23 Things . . . St. John's used Flickr to display their new acquistions, each book was linked to a review. Shelfari lets us do the same thing and seems like a little less work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The turtles worked for me!