Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing 41: Mash Up Your Life

Ja, so our life is pretty much mashed up at the moment. Contents of one house locked away in a storage locker. Half the contents of the other house in storage at my parents house, quarter of the remaining contents packed up in boxes around the house leaving a quarter of things to get us through the next three weeks until we close on the new house.

My frustration with 23 Things is the constant registering for web services, many of which we may never use again. (I get that you don't know until you try, but at this stage I may be getting web service fatigue). Thing 41 wants us to register for yet another thing and quite honestly, I'm very happy with my Igoogle page and Tweet deck for keep tracking things. All the gadgets I have added to those pages do fine by me. So to answer the prompt do these services make life easier, some yes and are they productivity boosters? Yes and no, I like having only one place to check for blog, tweet and FB updates. Am I spending more time on FB this summer than last? Yep. Is that productive? Not so much. :-)

No comments: