Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 35: Books 2.0

Lots of fun book sites to explore in this "thing." Some I knew and some were fun to discover and I look forward to playing with them a little bit more as we determine what to read for book club in the year ahead.

This year at school I noticed an uptick in students reading for fun . . . it was terrific to see! Students also used blogger for their book journals and by having to comment on others blogs, I think their interest in other books was picqued!

(MW--this might be the lamest post ever. Apologies!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No, I've seen worse! ;-)

Actually,(offline) let me know who the teacher was who wanted to do the sonnet map to see if I can help.

I think the more we can tie in to the student blogs, the more relevant they will be for the students. I'm glad the LA staff is going to have 11th graders continue them, and hope we can get other subject level teachers to incorporate them.
Perhaps we can help facilitate this.