Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing 39: Digital Storytelling

Looking at the Mark Twain lesson plan idea, I can see something like that being done in our building. What it would require is some more direct instruction on powerpoint and a shift in how teachers use the computer lab. I think we could pull off something like that and it helps that the lesson plan comes from a trusted resource like NCTE. The digital storytelling would be a 21st century improvement on the poster, because not only would it incorporate technology skills, it would be yet another chance to work with students locating materials and crediting sources.

Inspired by my friend Barb who was in a scrapbooking phase, I created a scrapblog account a couple of years ago. As I type this blog entry today, I am waiting for Scrapblog to send me my password so I can play around with it some more. (Obviously I didn't do much with it then). I can see having a student worker use this program to put together some fun online displays for the library, but overall I like "Shelfari" for these kinds of things. (It's been a bit and still no response from scrapblog . . . I'm moving ahead.)

No comments: