Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 38: Screencasting

Inspired by my fellow high school librarians, I explored Jing this past spring and consequently created a series of Jing videos, one for each of the subscription databases for our school. They are posted at the school website. There was a trial and error period in learning to use Jing, most frustrating was the headset that wouldn't work consistently. Overall, though it was an easy to use product and I'm pleased that we have these quick tutorials for students.

My Jing resume also includes a video done for the
district, providing instruction on accessing our new online card catalog. I've also talked with a couple of teachers about putting lectures on their Edline pages using Jing . . . MW, I think we've both tried to get people jazzed about the idea, though with mixed results, the sawhorse in the road being not enought time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got 4 so far coming to Tech Camp to learn more about it, but they're Valley View folks. I got Mace going on it!