Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing 36: Comic Relief












Here's a comic that I tried making at Make Beliefs Comix. It wouldn't let me save an image.

Fun to play with the various image generators. We've used some this past year at school including Wordle to make signs for displays and Book Club posters. Also, reccomended a couple of these sites to some students who had to generate movie posters for a class assignment. Photoshop was proving too difficult and these image generators made completing the assignment easier. The only hurdle I can see for teachers is the email account, for some of the sites want to mail things. Creating comics is a higher order thinking skill (have to apply what you know, include humor, etc.) and would be a great summary activity for a lesson or unit.

Here's my Dewey classification. Is it ironic that it matches my astrological sign? I didn't include my birthday.

Sara Swenson's Dewey Decimal Section:
714 Water features
Sara Swenson = 91819354954 = 918+193+549+54 = 1714
Class:
700 Arts & Recreation
Contains:
Architecture, drawing, painting, music, sports.
What it says about you:
You're creative and fun, and you're good at motivating the people around you. You're attracted to things that are visually interesting. Other people might not always understand your taste or style, but it's yours.



No comments: