Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools





Photo credit: jelens


I'm a fan of Google docs. Last summer I started using at as way to work on school projects no matter where I was. It's not always convenient to have a jump drive and sometimes I am working at a work station where the software choices and accessibility is limited. Google docs has been freeing for me (wait, something else is supposed to be freeing for me what is it . . .) as a traveling user.


Last fall we started using Google docs with students as a way for them to create things, but more so as a way to easily transfer items back and forth between school. Slowly the interest is growing and I think as more teachers begin to use and demonstrate it, Google docs will become more popular.



(Mike--you may have noticed that I didn't write about editing public documents. I understand what the software is for and what can be done with it, just not my area of interest. Perhaps those government teachers might like to do something with it in the fall when they have students create their own Pledge of Allegiance . . .)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea for the pledge...
I will be sharing the CoP documents we created that showcase what people did last year. I think before we run wild w/Google Docs, we need to work out issues with multiple people editing at once....