Friday, June 13, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr

With interest, I clicked on the link for the Clemens and Alcuin Libraries. Their online book display idea is fun, though I wondered how much work is it and are they tracking the data to see if their circ statistics increased as a result . . .

Certainly people have found creative ways to use Flickr and it's definitely got some classroom applications for visual learners. Check out this spelling word project put together by an ambitious mom . . . Spelling in fourth grade. Some of the other postings, however, are more about humor and remind me of the goofy photos on the back page of the Sunday travel section of the newspaper. I'm curious to know if my elementary school colleagues would look to Flickr for help with spelling lessons.

The clustering search tool, which reminded me of Clusty, was helpful in narrowing down my search for a picture of a library. Here it is, the Peabody
Library.

photo credit: Lisa Pisa, accessed 6.18.08

No comments: